Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Preview Reviews

New Moon: I'm predisposed not to like the Twilight series, but even bearing that in mind, this movie looks dumbtacular. Seriously, I'm supposed to believe that a brooding pale guy and his spineless dolt of a girlfriend have taken America's hearts by storm? My God, Bella Swan makes the archetypal submissive Disney Princess look like Ellen Ripley. Kristen Stewart, you deserve better than this.

The Expendables: A disappointing trailer for what will certainly be the manliest movie ever made. It's oddly lifeless, despite wall-to-wall violence and testosterone. That's not going to keep me from seeing it, though.

Transylmania: Now here's how to do a stupid movie trailer right. This film is guaranteed to be the lowest common denominator of humor but I can't get the preview out of my mind. I swear, the script must've been written in the early 80's and was intended to be produced by the people behind Porky's II or Hot Dog: The Movie.

No comments: