Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Top Chef Las Vegas 9/2

Is it just me or was Padme being a bit of a bitch at judge's table tonight? It doesn't matter - the Indian boy got kicked off and it's high time for some power rankings!

1. Jennifer
2. Kevin
3. Eli
4. Michael
5. Bryan
6. Ash
7. Robin
8. Hector
9. Mike
10. Mattin
11. Ashley
12. Ron
13. Laurine
14. Jesse

These feel a little cobbled together, but at least I have a good feel for the cheftestants now. Not enough to make totally informed decisions, but I'm not grasping at straws either. I don't know why I'm so high on Jennifer; her ranking at the top reflects her character more than it does her talent (though she's shown definite talent, of course). The bottom two aren't any surprise. The people in the middle are somewhat interchangeable - what has Mattin done to distinguish himself? Anything?

Bad showing by the ladies so far. They really need to step it up.

I must say that I'm pretty stoked that the Atlanta chefs are doing so well. I really want to try the winning dish. Mmmmmm...

No comments: