Sunday, September 13, 2009

Datarock at the Double Door, 9/11

I don't go to a lot of shows, but I still know that they aren't for obsessively punctual people. That being said, doors for the show were 9pm but didn't open until 9:30. One opening act later and Datarock didn't go on until 11:30. I realize that concerts require a bit of patience but it still pisses me off.

Fortunately, all was mostly forgiven since Datarock kicks ass live. Their show was the most fun I've had in weeks - and I didn't even know they were going to be in town until the night before. By the end of the night, every member of the band was shirtless and had been into the audience at least once. They're a European band so I don't know how much touring they do in America (right now they're promoting their new album) but I hope they come back to Chicago sometime soon.

No comments: