Sunday, August 2, 2009

Crappy song of the moment that I like: "Good Girls Go Bad"

I get dumb catchy songs stuck in my head every now and then - who doesn't? Cobra Starship's latest single isn't that egregious of an offender but it earns serious demerits for featuring Leighton Meester. Her name bugs me (seriously, that's a real name?) and she's on Gossip Girl. Otherwise it's another harmless number custom-made for the dancefloor, and there's not much more to say about it than that. It's easy on the Auto Tune and not as stupid as "I Gotta Feeling" so even in losing, it's won.



I'm no music expert by any means, so I can't figure out what genre it belongs to. I'll probably have to make one up. Bubblegum electropop? Scenepop? Kids these days and their music, I tell ya.

On a side note, it's funny what music you can't get out of your head. I was digging up an old song from Sesame Street the other day - long story - and now it's stuck in my brain.

No comments: